Amusement Park Accidents in Florida
The Perazzo Law Firm Serves Victims of Amusement Park Accidents in Florida
Everyone enjoys a thrill and where better to get one than at a Florida amusement park. Roller coasters used to be king when it came to an adrenaline rush, but with today's high-tech digital technology, they can appear slow-paced when compared to themed rides. With the combination of mechanical and digital innovation, amusement park rides can take thrill seekers on the ride of their life....or death. Sadly, accidents at amusement parks go beyond mechanical malfunctions as many amusement park accidents are caused by an overdose of adrenaline which may prompt heart attacks and brain seizures. Though most rides post warning signs targeting individuals with heart problems, irregular blood pressure, or pregnant women, some fail to do so in an effective manner. Such is the case with makeshift amusement parks, fairs, and impromptu circuses. Though an individual may not suffer personal injury because of a mechanical malfunction, he or she may be hurt while getting on/off a ride or while exiting, as was the case of a 68 year-old woman that fractured both legs while getting off Peter Pan's Flight at Disney World.
Amusement Park accidents can be the result of either situation below:
- Negligence on behalf of the visitor by not heeding to any visible warning signs or safety procedures.
- Negligence on behalf of the visitor with regards to his/her health condition.
- Negligence on behalf of the park/ride operator with regards to maintenance, safety, rules, etc.
- Natural causes such as lightning, flooding, or any other natural causes out of man's reach.
Close to 4500 kids are hurt at amusement parks each year, with close to 2% having to be treated at local hospitals. But amusement parks aren't the only place where children are hurt on rides; malls, restaurants, and arcades also account for a high number of amusement-ride related accidents. Girls are usually more likely to get hurt at amusement parks and rides than boys, with injuries to the head, neck, face, and limbs among the most common. High-speed rides and those that entail elevation and free-falls account for most amusement park injuries, with poor safety measures or faulty restraints and padding leading to falls or collisions against objects or surfaces.
Amusement Park Ride Accidents - The Elderly and Health Risks
Free falls at 100+ mph is not for everyone, neither is flying in circles for more than 3 minutes in a chair. Thus, thrill seekers need to make sure their hearts and minds are prepared for such an adrenaline rush. Individuals that have a known heart condition or suffer from unbalanced blood pressure levels need to be cautious of which rides they choose to go on. The elderly need to be extra cautious when boarding or getting off rides. Many times the elderly will suffer dizziness which may lead to them losing balance and falling down an amusement park ride ramp. Falling can present a serious risk to the elderly as a simple fall can result in a broken hip, shoulder, or brain injury.
Perazzo Law recommends the following for avoiding and dealing with Amusement Park Accidents:
- Make sure you are strapped-in before the rides set in motion.
- Avoid high adrenaline rides if you have a present or past heart condition.
- If you are claustrophobic, do not go on rides that are enclosed or underground.
- Do not board rides that offer an adrenaline rush via digital technology if your blood pressure is off.
- If you are hurt because of a ride, do not move or be moved until professional health units assist you.
- Document the accident scene and the ride via photos.
- Obtain eyewitness testimony and gather their contact information.
- Consult your family doctor after being attended by emergency healthcare practitioners.
- Save all official police reports and medical records.
- Contact Perazzo Law
If you, a friend or relative was hurt at an amusement park, fair, or circus in Miami-Dade or Broward Counties, the Perazzo Law firm urges you to contact their Miami or North Miami Beach law offices ONLINE or CALL (786) LAWS-411 for a FREE consultation.
PERAZZO LAW - DEDICATED TO PUTTING YOUR INTERESTS FIRST!
Atendemos a la Comunidad Hispana