Best Advice for Uber Accidents by Miami Lawyer
PERAZZO LAW SERVES UBER ACCIDENT CLAIMS IN MIAMI-DADE AND BROWARD
Hurt during, before, or after an Uber ride in Miami? The Perazzo Law Firm Shares best attorney advice for dealing with ride-share accidents and insurance claims.
Our Miami and North Miami Beach Law offices handle personal injury and property damage claims as a result of an accident involving Uber, Uber Eats, Lyft, or any other rideshare services company operating in Miami.
According to a bill signed into law by Rick Scott, rideshare companies such as Uber and Lyft, are obliged by law to provide each passenger with 50K in compensation to cover medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and even wrongful death. Furthermore, Uber and Lyft must provide $100,000 per person in Bodily Injury Coverage when the Uber or Lyft has the application open and awaiting to take an Uber or Lyft rider to their destination but the rider is not in the vehicle at the time of an accident.
The recently established law, known as "transportation network companies" calls for Uber and Lyft to set guidelines to meet safety measures that may lack coherence in terms of rules and regulations for rideshare operation companies operating across municipalities across Florida and the entire USA.According to the new ride-share law, Uber and Lyft must abide by certain guidelines such as:
- Drivers are subject to mandatory background checks.
- Rideshare companies must submit operation audits every two years.
- Local and State Enforcement must be provided with data through digital networks.
- Rideshare companies must carry Bodily Injury Coverage for $100,000 in the event of injury or death in an Uber or Lyft accident in Florida. As well as $25,000 to cover property damage with the app on but without a passenger.
- Rideshares such as Uber and Lyft must carry insurance policies for $1,000,000 in coverage to passengers injured during a ride.
Our experienced Uber Accident legal staff at our Miami and North Miami Beach offices recommend that passengers, as well as third party accident victims, following the ten steps below after an accident involving Uber or Lyft:
- Stay calm.
- Attend to any serious injuries immediately by having someone contact the proper authorities.
- If not seriously hurt in the Uber or Lyft accident, take a screenshot of the ride information such as; time, pick-up point, and destination.
- Take down the exact location of where the Uber/Lyft accident occurred.
- Gather testimony and the contact information of bystanders that witnessed the Uber or Lyft accident.
- Contact the authorities to report the rideshare incident.
- If possible, take photos of the Uber/Lyft accident scene and damage to vehicles, property, etc.
- Seek medical attention to rule out internal bodily damage such as head or back injuries.
- Keep all medical records and get copies of police reports pertinent to the Uber/ Lyft accident.
- Consult a Perazzo Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyer to serve Uber/Lyft accident claims for compensation.
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM - DEDICATED TO PUTTING YOUR INTERESTS FIRST.