Bicycle Accident Lawyers Handling Personal Injury Claims in Miami
Perazzo Law Personal Injury staff and attorneys share best practices and insight into bicycle accidents and personal injury claims for victims of bicycle accidents in Miami-Dade County. Riding a bicycle is a great way to exercise and take in the beauty of the Miami landscape. Furthermore, bike riding has boomed into a growing and practical means of transportation in and around the Miami-Dade County. Unfortunately, personal injury cases involving bicycles, motor vehicles, pedestrians, and premises liability are wreaking havoc on Miami bike riders and residents, with reported bicycle accidents in Miami on the steady rise, with no signs of slowing down.
Perazzo Law knows that careless driving, busy streets, bad weather, poor roadway conditions, and overall negligence lead to personal injury involving Miami bicyclists. Miami and Florida motorists found at fault for a bicycle accident in Miami are most often liable for damages and injuries to bicycle accident victims. Many times, Miami bicycle accidents can be devastating since the human body is much more fragile than a car bumper or windshield, and many times it is hard for Miami-Dade bicycle accident victims that suffer severe injuries to get their lives back on track after getting hit by a car or truck.
The Perazzo Law Firm's Miami and North Miami Beach office staff is fully dedicated to making sure their bicycle accident clients receive the best legal representation and financial compensation for the personal injuries or damages they have suffered in a bicycle related accident in Miami-Dade County.Perazzo Law Shares Best Insight into Bicycle Accidents in Miami-Dade County
Miami streets and roadways are not designed to provide the utmost in safety for cyclists, and most motorists give cyclist little, if any, respect. This said, when cyclists and motorists in Miami share common spaces, the risk of a bicycle accident is extremely high.
Recent statistic reports show that close to 5000 bicycle accidents take place per year (13+ per day) in Florida, with 90% of these bicycle accidents often resulting in very serious personal injuries including fractures, disk herniation, brain damage and even wrongful death. Some of the reasons for bicycle accidents include congested streets, debris on roads, careless drivers, negligent pedestrians, and much more. All these factors place cyclists at a very high risk of injury, regardless of whether they comply with traffic rules and regulations. Adults are not alone when it comes to personal injury from bicycle accidents. Unfortunately, incidents involving children are among the most common reported accidents, with many cases resulting in severe personal injuries and even death.The Perazzo Law Firm Shares Common Bicycle Accident Causes in Miami
- A motorist drives to close to a cyclist while passing, thus causing the bike rider to lose control and/or the vehicle comes into contact with the bicyclist. This may lead to very serious personal injury or even death.
- A parked motorist inadvertently opens his/her door and a bicyclist slams into it. This may lead to serious personal injury. bicyclists should be allocated time to pass before they swing their door open.
- A motorist crashes into a bicyclist when making a sudden turn at an intersection. Motorists are required to use their rear-view mirrors and turn signals when turning or changing lanes.
- Bicycle riders are not given the right of way. Miami motorists continue to hold little respect for bicyclists.
- Motorist rear-ends the bicyclist when trying to pass them.
- Alcohol. Drunk drivers have a hard time seeing the road let alone bicyclists.
Visit the Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center for further info.
The Perazzo Law Firm has vast experience in representing victims who have suffered personal injury in bicycle accidents in Miami and we are thoroughly committed to obtaining the compensation you deserve for your personal injuries.The Perazzo Law Firm Offers Best Advice Following a Bicycle Accident in Miami
Following a bicycle accident in Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm recommends you seek medical assistance as soon as possible. Oftentimes, an injury may not manifest itself immediately or in the near future, as some personal injuries, such as cervical damage or brain injury may take several years to show signs of injury. (see Understanding Bicycle Accident Claims)Some Accident Scene Suggestions
- Seek immediate medical attention for injuries from a bicycle accident.
- Get written record of any injuries in order to prove you have sustained personal injury in a Miami bike accident.
- If safe to do so, take note of your surroundings, weather conditions, direction in which you were traveling etc.
- If there are witnesses, jot down their names or get their contact information.
- Pay attention to any surveillance cameras around the area where the collision took place. Video recordings can be easily used to prove your case and get you the compensation you deserve.
- Subsequent to your accident, it is important to keep a diary or a log of any personal injuries or physical therapy you may be undergoing. Memory tends to fail over time and insurance companies employ every tactic possible to prolong litigation and ultimately jeopardize your personal injury claims.
The Miami and North Miami Beach based Perazzo Law has a proven track-record handling seriously injured clients and provided the assistance their clients needed to get their medical bills and lost wages covered, as well as acquiring full monetary compensation for their pain and suffering following a bicycle accident in Miami-Dade CountySafety Tips to Ponder when Riding a Bicycle in on Miami streets
Before hopping on your bicycle, take a valuable moment to learn the rules and regulations affecting bicycle riders. Many jurisdictions have rules requiring certain safety equipment and precautions for both the riders and those who share the road.Perazzo Law Offers Best Basic Safety Regulation Tips
- The use of a helmet and/or reflective gear to enable easier visibility for those sharing the road.
- The bicycle must be fitted with the proper features to make it more visible at a distance.
- Determining the flow of traffic and whether you are required to travel in the same direction as motorized vehicles.
Miami bicycle riders must take these factors into account as jurisdictions readily issue tickets to those who fail to follow these rules. Moreover, if you fail to abide by these safety regulations, it can be used to deny you compensation for your injuries. Why? Because insurance companies look for reasons to deny or reduce the compensation owed to you for a personal injury in a bicycle accident. Failure to follow safety rules and regulations can be used as a defense by the insurance company to avoid paying just compensation in any subsequent litigation.
The Perazzo Law Firm is fully dedicated to making sure their clients receive the best representation and compensation for the personal injuries they suffered in a bicycle accident.
If you, a family member, or loved one has suffered personal injury from a bicycle accident in Miami, Perazzo Law urges you to contact our Miami or North Miami Beach offices ONLINE or CALL (786) LAWS-411 for a FREE initial consultation to discuss your rights for compensation for injuries suffered as a result of an accident involving a bicycle in Miami.