MIAMI BRAIN INJURY ACCIDENT LAWYER
Miami and North Miami Beach Law Firm Serving Brain Injury Victims in Miami
Severe Injury to the brain ranks among the top-three causes of death and disability worldwide and can be caused by severe impact to the head from either a Car Accident, Slip, Trip or Fall incident, negligent use of medications, exposure to certain substances, Medical Malpractice, etc. The degree of brain injury may be categorized as mild, moderate or severe brain disruption. Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is the most common label for brain injury and may be classified as mild, moderate, or serious. Traumatic Brain Injury in Miami requires professional legal representation, especially if the head injuries occurred in a Car Accident, by a hotel swimming pool, or at work.
The Perazzo Law Firm has vast experience representing Floridians who have suffered Personal Injury to the brain and we know that the victims of head and brain injuries suffer debilitating problems which require special medical care and often extensive physical, vocational and cognitive rehabilitation.
If you or a loved one has suffered a head or brain injury from a Miami Car Accident, Slip and Fall, or any type of personal injury incident in Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm urges you to contact us ONLINE or CALL (786) LAWS - 411 to set up a FREE consultation. Our Miami and North Miami Beach staff is prepared and ready to discuss your legal rights and possible compensation for personal injuries or losses due to brain injury or trauma from Personal Injury incidents in Miami.
It is best to seek professional legal representation in Miami for Brain Injuries if any of these situations apply:
- I was in a Car Accident and suffered head injuries.
- I slipped and fell, striking my head against a hard surface.
- I received a blow to the head at work and lost consciousness.
- I was prescribed medication and now I have TBI symptoms.
- I was the victim of an Animal Attack and sustained serious head injuries.
- Brain injury ranks among the top-three causes of death and disability worldwide.
- Brain injury is the number one cause of seizures in the world.
- There are approximately 60 brain injury cases per day in the USA. That is 21,900 serious injuries to brains every year.
- Auto crashes are the leading cause of traumatic brain injury worldwide.
- Slips, trips and falls represent 47% of all brain injury cases, with most incidents taking place at home.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) accounts for a third (30%) of all injury-related deaths in the United States. Every day, 153 people in the United States die from injuries that include TBI. Most TBIs that occur each year are mild, commonly called concussions.
- Hundreds of thousands of people in the US live with mild to severe brain injury.
- Thousands of people with brain injuries face serious employment and social challenges.
- The three groups at highest risk for traumatic brain injury are children (0-4 year olds), teenagers (15-19 year olds), and adults (65 and older).
Concussions are caused by severe impact to the head which causes the brain to move within the skull, causing the brain cells to stretch and suffer injury. The skull is designed to protect the brain as well as hold cerebrospinal fluid. When a person suffers a concussion, the impact causes the brain to lose its support, causing the brain cells to stretch and become bruised. When this kind of head trauma occurs, there is damage to the cranial nerves and the blood vessels that supply the brain. Although many concussions are not life threatening, they can have a serious impact on the quality of life for individuals. Any of the symptoms mentioned above must be evaluated by qualified healthcare professionals immediately to rule-out permanent or deteriorating conditions and provide early treatment. It is best to seek early detection through neurological examinations, head CT scan, MRI of the brain or an impact concussion test. Healthcare professionals may prescribe OTC drugs like Tylenol and Acetaminophen for a headache. But usually, for mild cases, an ice pack can be applied to the head in order to alleviate pain or reduce swelling. Cuts and bruises can be treated using antiseptics. If you have suffered head injuries, it is best to contact or Miami office immediately for a free initial consultation.
The Perazzo Law Firm recommends you seek professional medical attention if you or a loved one has suffered personal injury to the head from a car accident, trip and fall, or any type of accident, it is best to seek legal representation by a one of our qualified Personal Litigation attorneys. Contact us online or call us at (786) LAWS-411 to set up a FREE consultation to discuss your compensation claim for a brain injury case in Miami.