YOUR INTERESTS FIRST
ORLANDO I-4 HIGHWAY CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
- If physically possible, put on the vehicle's hazard lights and move the vehicle to the side of the road.
- If injured, do not move unless you are in danger of further injury.
- If physically possible, call the police or have someone contact the police immediately and report any injuries.
- If physically possible, get off the highway.
- If physically possible, take photos of the accident scene and damages to the vehicles involved.
- If physically possible, gather eyewitness testimony and get their contact information.
- If injured, request to be taken to a healthcare facility for treatment.
- Keep all medical and police reports.
- Do not sign anything without consulting a personal injury lawyer (786) LAWS-411.
- Contact your insurance provider but give no details of the accident other than where it occurred.
- Contact your insurance provider but do not sign anything until talking to your trusted personal injury lawyer.
- Speeding - Travelling at high speeds on the I-4 is a common occurrence, and with high speed driving, comes the chances of losing control of a vehicle. When this happens, rollover accidents and crashes that end in fatality are very likely. In the event of a rollover accident on the I-4, motorists involved in the accident may suffer severe bodily injury and almost total destruction to the vehicle. Compensation by way of an insurance claim depends highly on the details of the accident and the motorist at fault. Knowing what kind of insurance coverage motorists carry is crucial in the event that an insurance claim for compensation is to be filed by the victims of the I-4 accident. Victims of car accidents on the I-4 may require medical care and sometimes surgical intervention, which is common in most highway accidents. In Orlando, the Perazzo Law Firm understands the complexities behind filing successful insurance claims, especially those in which car accident victims in Orlando are seeking compensation for personal injury, property damages, lost wages, or even wrongful death from an accident that occurs on Interstate 4.
- Drunk Driving - Driving drunk on Interstate 4 is one of the main causes of accidents for Orlando residents. When motorists are behind the wheel and driving drunk on the I-4, the chances of being involved in an accident increase dramatically. In Orlando, the Perazzo Law Firm has vast experience dealing with drunk driving accidents which result in personal injury and damages to other motorists. A drunk driver may sometimes flee the scene of the accident and leave the accident victim to weather the storm. In Orlando, the Perazzo Law Firm applies all possible resources to bring the drunk driver to justice. A drunk driving accident on the I-4 may not always hold the drunk driver responsible for personal injuries or damages as the drunk driver may be the victim of another negligent motorist. Nevertheless, operating a motor vehicle at high speeds on the I-4 does not help.
- Poor Weather Conditions - Inexperienced and negligent motorists operating their vehicles under poor weather conditions are the number one cause of car accident on the I-4. When drivers take to the interstate under heavy rains or drive on slippery roadways, the chances of causing an accident are high. In Orlando, the car accident lawyers at the Perazzo Law Firm know that inexperienced motorists may either drive too fast or too slow when behind the wheel of their vehicles. Keeping ample distance between other vehicles is fundamental to avoid accidents, as is keeping vehicles in proper operating conditions. Braking and proper speeds are fundamental to avoid accident on Interstate 4. In Orlando, the personal injury lawyers that handle accidents on highways understand that speed and braking distances play a huge part of accidents. Furthermore, the use of hazard lights may be misused in the event of foggy weather. The Perazzo Law Firm reminds motorists to avoid using hazard lights unless there is a real emergency and the car is stopped (see driving in Rainy Weather or Foggy Weather).