YOUR INTERESTS FIRST
Lane-Changing Personal Injury Accident Lawyer
- I was hurt in an car accident after a driver switched lanes.
- I got cut-off by a car or truck while riding my motorcycle.
- I crashed my bike when a car switched lanes abruptly.
- A vehicle changing lanes crashed into my car causing my passenger and I to suffer personal injuries.
- I want to know what my accident claim is worth.
If any of these apply to you, a friend or relative, Perazzo Law recommends you read the text below:
In Miami, Perazzo Law knows from car accident litigation experience that cars, trucks, motorcycles, or any other motor vehicles do not change lanes on their own; unless a tire blows out or another mechanical flaw leads to the vehicle abruptly changing lanes while driving along a Florida highway or Miami street. Most often or not, motor vehicles change lanes because the operator or the vehicle maneuvers into another lane that me be occupied or have another vehicle approaching that lane at a very high speed. When vehicles change lanes abruptly on Miami Roadway or streets, the chances of an accident are high, especially if any of the safety rules or tips listed below apply:
- The operator failed to turn on the vehicle's turn signal when making a lane change.
- The operator failed to check the vehicle's mirror before making a lane change.
- The operator failed to check the vehicle's blind spot by looking over his/her shoulder.
- The operator failed to determine of it was safe to make a lane change.
- The operator failed to turn off the vehicle's turn signal after changing lanes.
- The driver was under the influence of narcotics or driving drunk when making a lane change.
- The vehicle suffered mechanical problems that lead to an abrupt lane change that caused an accident.
- A third party motorist caused the vehicle to make an abrupt lane change which resulted in an accident on a Miami highway, avenue or street.
- A driver may fall asleep at the wheel and drift into another lane.
- An obstacle on a roadway, avenue, or street may cause a slow moving vehicle to make a sudden lane change and cause another vehicle traveling at high speed to crash into it.
The Perazzo Law Firm of highly trained Personal Injury Attorneys and staff, have the experience to handle all sorts of Miami car, truck, and motorcycle accident insurance claims for compensation for injuries, property damage and loss from accidents that involve lane changes on Miami motorways, avenues, and streets. Despite new technological advances like sensors for motor vehicles to determine safe lane-changing conditions, lane change accidents in Miami continue to occur, especially when involving vehicles and operators acting negligently behind the wheel of cars, trucks, or motorcycle. Florida law mandates that motorists make sure that lane changes are safe when doing so. When a vehicle operator fails to do so and an accident occurs which results in personal injury, property damage, loss, or wrongful death, victims may file a personal injury claim for compensation to cover medical costs, property damage, lost wages, etc. Miami, Car Accidents and Perazzo Law go hand-in-hand when it comes to understanding car accidents involving lane-changes.
In Miami, Perazzo Law knows that it is fundamental for our Personal Injury attorneys to determine fault by the motorists, individuals, or circumstances that lead to accident from a lane change; especially when dealing with insurance companies. Passengers or eyewitness testimony is fundamental for determining fault for lane change accidents. As well as video camera surveillance and prompt response by the authorities and medical rescue units in the event of serious personal injury suffered by victims of lane change accidents. Most often, a motorist entering a driving lane that crashes into another vehicle is usually found at fault. Basically, because of breech or responsibility or any of the above mentioned circumstances leading to lane change collisions in Miami. Miami highway on/off ramps are popular among lane change accidents as motorists change lanes negligently to exit or get on a highway. Usually because motorists react spontaneously to on/off ramps perhaps due to being distracted or disoriented while driving on Miami's complex roadway system. Bad weather also plays an important part in sudden lane change accidents on highways because exit markers become difficult to see. Regardless of whether or not another motorist is negligent, his/her insurance company covers injured parties suffering personal injury, property damage, loss, or wrongful death from a lane change accident on a highway. Perazzo Law also handles lane change accidents involving motorcycle riders operating their bikes negligently when splitting lanes on highways and avenues. Some other factors that determine whether or not a driver is at fault include whether there was adequate space available in the next lane to allow a safe merge of the vehicle and whether the existing weather conditions would have reasonably necessitated more caution on the part of the driver attempting a lane change. A lane change collision with another vehicle can also cause a side airbag to deploy. When side airbags deploy and impact passengers or drivers, injuries may be sustained. Airbags can cause injuries which range from mild to severe. Bruises are easy to overcome but more serious injuries such as cuts, fractures, or breaks may require medical care or surgical intervention.
- The vehicle that changed lanes did not turn-on its turn signal when changing lanes, either at all or in time for another motorist to react.
- The operator of the vehicle that changed lanes did not allocate enough space for the driver approaching to react appropriately to the lane change.
- The driver that changed lanes did so in line with all proper guidelines for lane changes, nevertheless, was crashed into by a vehicle approaching at high speed or negligently.
- An official police report on the lane change accident.
- Official medical report and records of any costs incurred due to injuries.
- Damage reports and photographs of the accident scene.
- Hire Perazzo Law to help determine fault through legal resources.
The above listed guidelines for proving negligence for an accident involving lane changes are fundamental for building a Compensation Claims for injuries, property damage, or loss. Lane change accidents can also be proven by way of highway or street surveillance cameras. Perazzo Law recommends motorists to have a dash cam installed in their vehicles. Dash cams are quite useful for determining fault in a lane changing accidents on Miami highways and streets. Many times, in lane changing accidents, a motorists may have to change lanes abruptly on a suburban street. Children at play or elderly people crossing can cause a motorists to change lanes and thus cause an accident. Bike riders are at high risk on suburban and city streets when motorists change lanes without proper signalling is carried-out. Bike riders that are cut off or crashed into by a car or truck that changes lanes without proper caution, may suffer a number of injuries, some of which may be serious or even fatal. A bike rider involved in a lane changing accident may land on his/her shoulder after being struck on the side by a vehicle changing lanes. Shoulder injuries can result in a bruise or even a break. Shoulder injuries should not be taken lightly. Sometimes, bike riders may not be wearing a helmet. If a collision with a car or truck after a lane change occurs, the victim of the lane changing accident may suffer head injuries. The Perazzo Law Firm knows that head injuries can have long term consequences. In the event of a lane changing accident that results in head injuries, in Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm strongly urges victims to seek immediate medical and legal assistance following a car accident that includes blows to the head. See Head Injuries.
The Perazzo Law Firm urges car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, or scooter operators or third parties that have suffered personal injuries or damages as a result of a lane changing accident, to contact our Miami or North Miami Beach offices ONLINE or CALL (786) LAWS-411 for a FREE initial consultation and ZERO-OUT-OF-POCKET costs to it's lane change and car accident victims in Miami-Dade and Broward County cities and suburbs.
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM - DEDICATED TO PUTTING YOUR INTERESTS FIRST!