THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM SHARES VALUABLE INSIGHT FOR INDIVIDUALS INJURED OR INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT AT A STADIUM, AUDITORIUM, OR ANY OTHER SPORTING VENUE
- Injured at a sporting event or stadium?
- Suffer a Slip, Trip, and Fall accident at a stadium or auditorium?
- Was a sports venue operator negligent during an event?
- Do you want to know if you, a friend, or relative can sue a business operator for injuries suffered during a sporting event?
- Looking for the best possible legal representation that Jonathan Perazzo can offer his clients?
Now that COVID has stopped being a threat to spectators that thrive on watching live sports at stadiums and sports venues, Jonathan Perazzo, personal injury attorney and founder at the Perazzo Law Firm in Miami
, shares valuable insight for preventing accidents at sports venue and what to do if you, a friend, or relative is injured.
Sporting venues are full of possible dangers that can lead to a spectator suffering personal injury. Spilt drinks, fallen food, uneven walking surfaces, faulty structuring, loose handrails, and overall operator negligence can cause visitors to get hurt. Sometimes, sport venue accident victims don't know what to do after they are hurt in a slip, trip, or fall situation and at the time of the accident, they do nothing. This is because, not many people realize that sports venue operators and owners carry premises liability insurance with which to cover the medical expenses and losses of an accident victim.
Whenever hoards of people gather at a sporting event, the accident lawyers at the Perazzo Law Firm
understand that the chance of someone being hurt in accident rises. This is due to a matter of space and the human factors that can lead to accidents. Bad weather is also a cause for concern when people gather at a sports stadium or auditorium. Heavy rain and strong winds can lead to accidents at outdoor stadiums. Slip and Fall accidents are quite common when walking surface are wet.
Accidents that can happen at outdoor stadiums:
- Stampedes - frantic spectators rushing towards an exit in the event of an emergency, or to catch a glimpse of their favorite athlete, can cause another individual to fall, running the risk of severe personal injury and even wrongful death
- Escalator accidents - slippery and dangerous given the features. Users can suffer vertigo and lose balance, causing injury to themselves and other in the event of a fall or misstep.
- Elevator accidents - though relatively safe, elevators sometimes do fall, especially when weight / passenger capacities are not respected.
- Ramp accidents - dangerous when wet or soiled. Can cause a slip & fall accident if ramps are uneven and lack handrails. Crowds commonly take to ramps at sports venues, many are in a hurry to get to their seat, visit a concession stand, or leave the premises as
- Railing or broken handrail accidents - can be loose or missing. Firmly secured railings and handrails are fundamental for preventing spectators from falling from elevated seating areas.
- Broken or Torn seats - can lead to falls if not sturdy. Torn seating can lead to cuts or scrapes, than can result in infection or scarring.
- Burn accidents - gas heaters are sometimes used during cold weather. Sometimes, a heater may explode and lead to severe injury.
- Slip and Fall
- Stands fall
- Lightning strike
- Falling over railing accidents
- Stadium collapse accidents
Stadiums, Auditoriums, and all venues that attract large crowds, must abide by strict zoning and operating laws to ensure safety for all those that attend and work in said establishments.
TIPS FOR PREVENTING ACCIDENTS AT STADIUMS AND SPORTS VENUES IN FLORIDA
People do not attend sporting events and expect to end-up in the hospital. Sadly, some people do, as the chances of suffering injury at a crowded stadium exist.