Motorcycle Accidents - Injury and Damage Claims in Miami
Perazzo Law knows that South Florida, particularly Miami, has a very active and growing community of motorcycle riders. The endless scenic roadways and year-round summer has gradually turned Florida into a preferred destination for motorcycle enthusiasts from all over the world. Sadly, Florida ranks #1 in the United States in terms of motorcycle accidents and many of these motorcycle accidents result in serious personal injury, damage and sometimes Wrongful Death; all of which require professional legal representation through Personal Injury Litigation. The Perazzo Law Firm provides expert legal services to motorcycle victims and pedestrians that have suffered personal injury due to a motorcycle accident in Miami-Dade. Our Miami and North Miami Beach Staff of Attorneys have vast experience handling thousands of serious personal injury claims from motorcycle accidents. The Perazzo Law Firm's proven track-record has provided the proper motorcycle accident claims assistance to get the best possible compensation for our client’s pain and suffering from a motorcycle accident in Miami-Dade County. Furthermore, the Perazzo Law firm staff offers our motorcycle accident clients full legal representation so they can focus on recovering from the personal injury, property damage, loss, or wrongful death following a motorcycle accident in Miami.
According to the Insurance Information Institute, motorcyclists in Miami are more vulnerable and more likely to be hurt, seriously injured, killed, or suffer irreparable damage such as traumatic Brain Injury, which lasts a lifetime. Motorcycle accidents account for billions of dollars annually as a result of emergency services, medical bills, rehabilitation, property damage, lost wages, insurance costs, and the lawyer fees they incur.
If you or a loved one has suffered personal injury while operating a motorcycle, scooter or as a pedestrian, Contact us online or call (786) LAWS-411 to set up a FREE consultation to discuss your motorcycle accident claim for compensation. Our expert staff is ready to safeguard your legal rights.Motorcycle Riding Facts
Perazzo Law knows that motorcycle riders face added risk of personal injury due to the nature of the motorcycle. Unlike other forms of motor vehicles, motorcycles are not equipped with the most effective and common safety features required by law, which are aimed at helping prevent motorcycle accidents and personal injury to passengers or pedestrians. Typical safety features such as restrains, airbags, and crumple zones are not available for motorcycle enthusiasts or motorcycle passengers.
Most motorcycles accidents in Florida involve passenger vehicles and account for one-fifth of all motor vehicle fatalities in the state. Approximately 80% of motorcycle accidents result in death or personal injury. By a large margin, inattentive or negligent motorists fail to detect motorcycle riders or fail to yield right of way. However, a large portion of motorcycle accident injuries are the result of single vehicle accidents where the rider loses control because of a tire puncture or other mechanical problem that leads to a motorcycle accident. Road defects also play a role in causing serious injuries to motorcycle riders resulting from uneven pavement or potholes that can cause a motorcycle accident on Miami highways or streets.
It is important for motorcycle riders and passengers to familiarize themselves with all rules and regulations concerning the safe operation of motorcycles in Florida. If you were in a motorcycle accident in Miami, for example, the Perazzo Law Firm considers it best to seek immediate medical assistance. When and if safe to do so, take note of the time of the motorcycle accident, weather and road conditions. Pay attention to any surveillance cameras in the area that may provide an accurate recording of the events leading to the incident. Take down the information of the responding police officers, medical personnel and any witnesses that saw the motorcycle accident. Following the accident, keep a record of any medical treatment, therapy and any expenses incurred as a result of the motorcycle accident. It is best to consult one of our Personal Injury Litigation attorneys to handle any Insurance Claims stemming from the motorcycle accident.
Congested roads and inattentive drivers in Miami place motorcycle operators at serious risk of personal injury, even when complying with all of the traffic regulations. Collisions between motor vehicles and motorcycles often result in the most serious injuries, including fractures, Spinal Cord damage, Brain Injury and Wrongful Death. Hospital bills for motorcyclists accident victims can be devastating, with the average cost for a motorcyclist involved in traffic crashes being $83,676 according to the Florida Department of Health. Wearing a helmet significantly lowers the medical costs associated with traumatic brain injury in motorcycle accidents. The Perazzo Law Firm has vast experience representing motorcycle riders and passengers that suffered personal injuries from motorcycle accidents and we have worked with countless seriously injured clients to provide them with the assistance they needed to get their medical bills and lost wages paid, as well as fair monetary compensation for their pain and suffering.
If you or a loved one has suffered personal injury while operating a motorcycle, scooter or as a pedestrian, Contact us online or call (786) 529-7411 to set up a FREE consultation to discuss your motorcycle accident case. Our expert staff is ready to help you!Advice from the Perazzo Law Firm when operating a motor-vehicle in Florida:
It is best for automobile drivers and motorcyclists to follow some simple safety tips to help prevent Motorcycle Accidents:
- Respect motorcycle riders. Motorcycles are also vehicles and possess the same legal rights as any other motor-vehicle. Be sure to give them proper room to maneuver.
- Stay focused on the vehicles around you and avoid using your cellphone when driving. Even though some motorcycles may be loud, you may not hear it. Actively look for motorcycles in traffic.
- Buffer zone. Leave ample space between your vehicle and motorcyclists. Uneven roadways, wet streets, and dense traffic often call for a motorcycle rider to react and maneuver differently than cars. This causes motorcycle accidents.
- Don’t Daydream. Take extra precaution when turning left. A rider that takes his eyes off the road doubles the risk of getting into a motorcycle accident, especially in Miami.
- Wear proper protective gear: Helmets that meet DOT compliance standards and protective clothing reduce the risk of injury or death in a motorcycle accident. Remember, motorcycles have no bumpers and the only thing between you and the ground is your protective gear.
- Stay in sight: Keep your lights on when the sun goes down, or if it is rainy or foggy. Avoid wearing dark clothes, and apply reflective tape on your bike or clothes so motorists can see you more easily. Riding in blind spots can result in a motorcycle accident and can be avoided by following the three to four seconds rule.
- Use common sense: Avoid zig-zagging between lanes while riding. Be sure to use your turn signals and respect speed limits to avoid high speed motorcycle accidents.
- Get proper training: Completing a motorcycle safety course can not only make you a better rider and avoid motorcycle accidents, but save you money on your motorcycle insurance.
Contact us online or call (786) 529-7411 to set up a FREE consultation with one of our attorneys to learn more about your legal rights when involved in a motorcycle accident.