IN MIAMI, THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM HANDLES CLAIMS FROM RETIREMENT HOME ACCIDENTS THAT LEAD TO INJURY OF ELDERLY PEOPLE IN NURSING HOMES
an elderly relative or loved-one suffer bodily injury, physical or mental abuse, losses or wrongful death as a result of negligence in a nursing home? In Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm
places your loved-one's best interests when dealing with personal injury claims for compensation
from negligence or wrongdoing on behalf of retirement and nursing home operators and staff.
If you or a loved one or relative has suffered an accident or suffered bodily harm in a retirement or nursing home, the Perazzo Law Firm strives for the best possible legal and personal service to accompany you as family when dealing with a personal injury claim for an elderly loved-on neglected or mistreated in a nursing home.
DUE TO THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK, THE ELDERLY ARE THE MOST AT RISK OF BEING INFECTED WITH THE CORONAVIRUS!
THIS IS A TIME WHEN THEY NEED THE MOST ATTENTION AND CARE.
The Perazzo Law Firm
offers ZERO OUT-OF-POCKETS COSTS
to its personal injury clients and we don’t get paid until you get fair compensation for injuries, damages, or losses.
Contact the Perazzo Law Firm ONLINE
or CALL (786) LAWS-411 for a FREE
initial consultation to discuss a possible claim for compensation.
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM – DEDICATED TO PUTTING YOUR INTERESTS FIRST, ALWAYS!
NURSING HOME PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS
Placing a loved-one in a nursing or retirement home can be a difficult decision which can compare to placing a child in a daycare center. We expect that the care and attention they receive must meet standards that guarantee the well-being of its residents through adequate facilities, services, staff, and operators. Furthermore, the elderly person's proper care should be placed at the forefront of the nursing home's services. Sadly, the elderly sometimes fall victim to abuse or neglect on behalf of staff members or operators in nursing homes, which can many times lead to personal injury or even wrongful death. Many elderly residents in nursing or retirement homes need certain care as not all elderly people are alike. Some require special attention which sometimes go neglected. Such situations may include medication and dosage errors, proper care for hygiene, and adequate surroundings to meet physical abilities. Ramps and staircases for example, must be well equipped with handrails and safe walking surfaces. An elderly person may have difficulty walking through poor eyesight or physical ability which can lead to personal injury. In a retirement home, as well as a nursing home, proper lighting and unsoiled surface are fundamental for avoiding accidents that lead to slip and fall situations.
THEY ARE THE MOST AT RISK OF BEING INFECTED WITH THE CORONAVIRUS AND THIS CALLS FOR ENHANCED LEVELS OF CARE FOR ELDERLY IN RETIREMENT AND NURSING HOMES
In Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm Attorneys strive to make sure that the elderly and their loved-ones receive the best possible advice and representation that our staff can offer in the event of an insurance claim for compensation for reported abuse, wrongdoing, or negligence on behalf of a nursing or retirement home's staff or operators.
PERAZZO LAW SHARES BASIC INSIGHT ON NURSING HOMES IN MIAMI
There are close to 700 nursing home in Florida, and Miami-Dade and Broward have a large population of retired residents and citizens from around the nation. In Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm staff of nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers understands how the elderly, especially those in need of special attention, perhaps to deal and treat residents with mental disabilities such as Alzheimer's or Dementia. These elderly people can suffer neglect or abuse on behalf nursing home staff and operators. It is the duty of the nursing home to respond accordingly, as stated by Florida Law, to the needs of elderly individuals. In the event of neglect by the nursing home leads to injury or wrongful death, the Perazzo Law Firm urges you to contact our nursing home negligence lawyers ONLINE
for a FREE
initial consultation. Our staff is ready to address any concerns regarding possible neglect, abuse, or wrongdoing at a Miami nursing home.
Neglect or Abuse may include:
- Bedsores- If left unattended, the elderly can develop bedsores from lack of movement
- Falls - Slippery or unstable surfaces or poor walkers can result in falls.
- Poor food - Serving contaminated meals can cause serious gastronomical illness as well as bacterial infections leading to more serious health conditions that can lead to wrongful death.
- Poor service - Proper services must always be provided to the elderly to avoid nursing home accidents.
- Poor hygiene - Proper hygiene such as regular bathing and hand sanitation are fundamental to prevent bacterial infection, fungus, etc.
- Physical abuse - No nursing or retirement home staff may physically abuse or mistreat an elderly resident.
- Mental abuse - Mental abuse is quite common through aggressive language or psychological abuse on behalf of staff.
- Under-staffing which leads to neglect - Overpopulated homes may lead to neglect which can cause any of the above mentioned.
- Medical Malpractice - Resident doctors may overlook conditions which require more focused medical attention.
- Poor infrastructure that leads to injury - Walking surfaces, common areas, bedrooms, and appliances need to in proper condition (See Premises Liability).
- Poor maintenance that causes bodily harm - Loose handrails, crooked shelves, broken chairs, etc., can lead to injuries by an elderly person (See Premises Liability).
- Lack of nursing home supplies - Not having the essentials with which to treat an injured old person can lead to wrongful death.
- Lack of safety inspections - Municipal organizations are required to conduct regular inspections of nursing homes and residences for the elderly.
- And more…
The Perazzo Law Firm would like to highlight that 20% of all nursing home neglect or abuse situations go unnoticed. If you suspect that your relative or loved-one is suffering neglect or wrongdoing in a nursing home, contact our Miami
or North Miami Beach
or CALL (786) LAWS-411
now to discuss your concerns.
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM – DEDICATED TO PUTTING YOUR INTERESTS FIRST, ALWAYS!
In Miami, nursing home accidents can be the result of many factors and causes. The Perazzo Law Firm understands how poorly kept nursing home facilities and poorly trained or negligent staff can cause a frail and elderly resident to suffer injuries.
Examples of Nursing Home Accidents by the Perazzo Law Firm
- Slip, Trip, and Fall Accidents - The elderly are prone to slip and falls which may lead to fractures, breaks, and head injuries.
- Staff negligence- The elderly require special care to prevent injury or to administer medications in timely manner.
- Physical abuse - Some elderly people may fall victim to abuse or violent behavior by wrongful nursing home staff members.
- Mental abuse - Some elderly nursing home residents may suffer mental abuse, which may go undetected.
- Physical Injury - Slippery walkways and poor lighting can lead to injuries among the elderly. Operators may be held liable for poor lighting.
- Overdosing - Timely and proper administration of prescription medication are fundamental for the well being of the elderly.
- Drowning - Negligence on behalf of staff can lead to drowning in pool or spa activities.
- Suffocation - Negligence on behalf of staff can lead to an elderly residence suffocating.
- Dehydration - Liquids must be provided to the elderly regulatory, especially during periods of hot weather
- Food poisoning - Sometimes an elderly resident of a retirement home may store rations of food for later and forget. Staff may be liable.
- Infections - Infectious diseases such as the coronavirus can spread among nursing homes and residences. Staff members must stay alert.
- And more...
Slip and fall accidents
among the elderly are quite common. The Perazzo Law Firm staff of attorneys and staff know how a slip and fall accident can cause bodily injury to an elderly person in a nursing or retirement home. Safe walking surfaces and proper lighting are a must when considering the challenges that some elderly residents face inside nursing homes and public or private retirement residences. Sometimes neglect by staff members or operators may be the result of injury to an elderly resident. Physical or mental abuse may sometimes occur and go unnoticed in nursing homes. In Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm is professionally prepared to handle nursing home accident and abuse claims for elderly residents and their family members.
PHYSICAL ABUSE IN NURSING HOME VICTIMS
In Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm understands that geriatric home residents and patients may fall victim to physical or mental abuse on behalf of nursing home staff members. The Perazzo Law Firm staff understands the seriousness behind the traumatizing effect of being physically abused, and when this happens to an elderly loved-one, it truly becomes hard to deal with. Fortunately, the Perazzo Law Firm is fully dedicated to providing the best possible legal representation for victims and family members that experience personal injury in a nursing or geriatric home that leads to pain and suffering. The Perazzo Law firm knows how important it is to establish proof in cases that deal with abuse in a nursing home,mental institute, or rehabilitation center, that is why we work closely with the personal injury victim and apply all possible resources to optimize the chances of a successful insurance claim for compensation.
;the Perazzo Law Firm
to get your elderly loved-one the compensation deserved for injuries, damages, losses, or wrongful death cause by negligent nursing home staff or operators in Miami-Dade and Broward County public or private establishments for Florida's elderly population.
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM - DEDICATED TO PUTTING YOUR INTERESTS FIRST!