YOUR INTERESTS FIRST
- I was run over while crossing the street in Miami.
- I want to know if I need a lawyer after a motor vehicle accident involving a pedestrian.
- I was standing on a street corner when a bicycle struck me.
- I suffered bodily injury after being struck by a vehicle.
- I suffered economic losses after a pedestrian accident.
- Do I need a lawyer in Miami after a pedestrian accident?
In Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm's personal injury lawyers and staff are fully dedicated to serving pedestrian accident clients by providing constant updates and attending to all doubts or concerns throughout the entire legal process and until a settlement that satisfies our clients is reached. Furthermore, the Perazzo Law Firm can help pedestrian accident victims get quality medical care and rehabilitation.
With offices in Miami and north Miami Beach, the Perazzo Law Firm places its pedestrian accident client's best interests at the forefront of all pedestrian accident claims and offers ZERO-OUT-OF-POCKET costs on a No Win, No Fees basis. Contact us ONLINE or CALL (786) LAWS-411 for a FREE initial consultation.
Check our Reviews on Google and see what our clients say.THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM SHARES INSIGHT FOR PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT VICTIMS
'Look both ways before you cross the street' was the soundest advice by your grandparents. But realistically in Miami, that does not make walking safe anymore. With distracted Miami motorists and pedestrians taking to the streets, it is a matter of time before pedestrians in cities such as Homestead, Hialeah, Coral Gables, and even Miami, are hurt in a pedestrian accident. Walking is more than good exercise, it is an activity that cannot be averted. People must at one time or another walk somewhere. Sadly, pedestrians in congested cities such as Kendall, Little Havana, Doral and other Cities in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties suffer personal injuries that can many times be severe enough to require extended rehabilitation, changes in quality of life, and even wrongful death. Pedestrian accidents in the Miami area can be the result of being run-over by a moving vehicle such as a motorcycle, car, truck, bus, or even a parked car that has been run into by another moving vehicle. Pedestrian may not necessarily fall victim to personal injury through accidents involving moving vehicles, but they may also fall victim to personal injury accidents involving Slip, Trip, and Fall situations in Miami-Dade or Broward County. Most often, pedestrians involved in Publix, slip, trip, and fall accidents can suffer an array of injuries such as: broken bones, fractures, spinal cord injuries, brain trauma, and even wrongful death. The human body is fragile and can suffer life-altering damage when involved in violent impacts or unexpected movement such as in a rear-end collision on a Miami-Dade highway or Broward County street. Sadly, Florida ranks at the top when it comes to pedestrian fatalities from car related accidents, with Miami leading the way and numbers rising year by year. The Perazzo Law Firm recommends added precaution when pedestrians take to strolling sidewalks and crossing streets. (See Pedestrians BEWARE)
COMMON PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT SCENARIOS IN MIAMI
- Motorcyclists in Miami-Dade or Broward County cities such as Hialeah, Homestead, Kendall, etc., can lose control and crash into pedestrians for any number of reasons. Sometimes Miami streets and roadways are wet and a motorcycle riders loses control, perhaps from being affected by another motorist or simply by splitting lanes.
- A motorist runs a red light and gets into a collision which causes either their vehicle or another vehicle to crash into a pedestrian waiting to cross a Miami street or avenue.
- A truck driver is speeding and loses control after dodging a cyclist that was riding his/her bike negligently. The truck crashes into a parked car that goes sliding into a pedestrian.
- A motorist is distracted by negligent cell phone use while driving and doesn't see a pedestrian crossing the street. It's quite common for Miami motorists to use their cell phones negligently and get into accidents; making Miami-Dade or Broward Counties pedestrians pay the ultimate price.
- Many times pedestrians are hard to spot, especially at night when pedestrians are wearing dark clothing and there is poor lighting on Miami-Dade or Broward County city streets or in Public or Private Parking lots. Distracted Miami motorists may sometimes not see them in time to prevent an pedestrian accident. Accidents involving motor vehicles and pedestrians in Miami rarely have a happy ending because the injuries sustained by pedestrians can be severe and life threatening. (See Wrongful Death Claims)
If you, a friend or relative is hurt due to being run over or hit by a motorcycle, car, or truck in Miami-Dade or Broward County, the Perazzo Law Firm recommends the following actions in the event of a collision:
- The pedestrian must stay calm
- If there are no head, neck, or back injuries, the pedestrian should move out of the street
- If there are head, back, or neck injuries, the pedestrian should not be moved (if safe) until paramedics arrive
- Make sure the driver does not flee the accident scene
- Have someone take down the license plate of the vehicle
- The authorities should be contacted immediately
- Document the accident scene
- Get eyewitness testimony
- Seek medical attention
- Keep all police and medical reports
- Hire the Perazzo Law Firm to start an insurance claim
COMMON INJURIES SUFFERED BY PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT VICTIMS
Pedestrians that are struck by moving vehicles may suffer serious personal injury. In Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm has vast experience handling pedestrian accident cases and helping victims that seek compensation for injuries or damages suffered by a pedestrian accident victim.
A pedestrian that is struck by a car may suffer serious injuries that can include broken bones, head, neck, shoulder, back, hip, leg, and foot fractures. Any pedestrian accident that includes surgical intervention as a result of an accident will most often require rehabilitation. Both of which can literally cripple the pedestrian accident victim's economic situation, as well as have permanent affects on their lives. A broken hip can lead to extensive rehabilitation and perhaps several surgical interventions, depending on the seriousness of the injuries.
If you, a friend, or family member has suffered personal injury or wrongful death as a result of an accident as a pedestrian, the Perazzo Law Firm urges you to contact our Miami or North Miami Beach offices ONLINE or CALL (786) LAWS-411 for a FREE initial consultation to discuss your rights for Compensation from a Pedestrian Accident in Miami-Dade and Broward County.
IN MIAMI, THE PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS AT THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM SHARE VALUABLE INSIGHT FOR PREVENTING AND DEALING WITH PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK ACCIDENTS
- Were you a pedestrian that was struck by a moving vehicle while crossing at a crosswalk?Do you enjoy walking through your area of the city or have the need to walk somewhere?
- Do you ever stop to wonder how dangerous is has become for pedestrians in today's modern and hectic areas?
- Do you know someone who was struck by a motor vehicle while crossing at an intersection?
- Do you understand the laws that encompass pedestrian accidents in Florida?
The pedestrian accident questions above are common when dealing with the subject of pedestrians and accidents that occur on a daily basis in cities within Miami-Dade, Broward, and Orange County. At present, Miami-Dade and Orlando are the most dangerous places for pedestrians and hold the greatest number of pedestrians that fall victim to careless and negligent drivers. One would think that crossing at a crosswalk is relatively safe, but that is a sad misconception that could lead to severe personal injuries and even wrongful death.
If you, a friend, or relative has fallen victim to a careless driver and have suffered bodily harm and financial losses from medical expenses or lost wages due to a pedestrian accident, contact the Perazzo Law Firm in Miami-Dade NOW for a FREE initial consultation. ZERO OUT-OF-POCKET FEES TO CLIENTS
PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK ACCIDENTS
There are several ways in which a pedestrian can suffer injuries by being struck by a moving vehicle while crossing at a crosswalk. They are:
- When a motor vehicle is turning left onto a two-way avenue or boulevard and fails to see a pedestrian for whatever reason (see below). In a situation like this, a pedestrian walking with his/her back towards the oncoming vehicle is unable to react and will usually suffer severe injury to the hips, knees, back, and shoulders.
- When a motor vehicle is making a right hand turn and the pedestrian is walking with his/her back to the oncoming vehicle. When pedestrians can't see a vehicle approaching from the right, they have no time to react. Injuries can be sever to fatal depending on the speed of the vehicle.
- When a motorist fails to observe stopped traffic ahead and rear-ends another vehicle which in turn, strikes a pedestrian crossing at a crosswalk.
- When a motorists attempt to over take another vehicle to beat a red light and fails to spot a pedestrian that has already take to the crosswalk.
- When a motorist is distracted by negligent cellphone use and fails to spot a pedestrian crossing at a crosswalk.
- When a driver fails to spot a pedestrian either due to a poorly lit area. For this, the personal injury lawyers at the Perazzo Law Firm highly urge pedestrians to avoid wearing poorly lit areas and if possible, wear reflective clothing so that distracted motorists can see them better at night.
- When motorists operate their vehicles while intoxicated. Drunk driving is the number cause of pedestrian accidents, followed by texting and driving.
- When pedestrians cross at crosswalks overly confident that fail to realize the above mentioned dangers that come from crossing at crosswalks.
- Pedestrians may be distracted by texting or reading a text message while crossing at a crosswalk. This is a very common pedestrian accident situation which may find the pedestrian liable for the accident and not hold the driver at fault.
In Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm urges pedestrians to procced with caution when crossing at crosswalks and stay alert to vehicles turning onto the street, avenue, or boulevard they are crossing.
WATCH THIS VIDEO FOR MORE INFORMATION ON PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS IN MIAMI
WHAT TO DO AFTER A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT
If you, a friend or relative is hurt due to struck by a motorcycle, car, or truck in Miami-Dade, Broward, or Orange County, the Perazzo Law Firm recommends the following steps:
- Stay calm
- Move out of the street if there are no head, neck, or back injuries
- If in extreme pain, do not let anyone move you until the paramedics arrive
- Have someone take down the license plate number of the vehicle that struck you while crossing at a crosswalk
- Contact the police immediately
- Document the accident scene through photos or video footage
- Try to gather eyewitness testimony
- Seek immediate medical care
- Keep all police and medical reports
- Contact the Perazzo Law Firm to find out about a possible insurance claim for compensation
STAY SAFE AND BE CAREFUL WHEN CROSSING IN MIAMI-DADE, BROWARD, AND ORANGE COUNTY.
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM - DEDICATED TO PUTTING YOUR INTERESTS FIRST!
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM - DEDICATED TO PUTTING YOUR INTERESTS FIRST, ALWAYS!
OFFICES IN MIAMI-DADE