Q&A Construction Work Accidents
THE PERAZZO PERSONAL INJURY LAW FIRM SHARES INSIGHT INTO ACCIDENTS AT CONSTRUCTION SITES BY WORKERS AND OUTSIDERS IN MIAMI-DADE AND BROWARD
Q&A CONSTRUCTION SITE RELATED ACCIDENTS IN MIAMI-DADE AND BROWARD
Construction sites are playgrounds for accidents. Dangerous tools and heavy machinery, sharp and protruding objects, high elevations and steep ramps; getting around on a construction can be a survival course for workers but deadly to strangers. Thirty-nine percent of all construction work accidents involving falling from elevated spaces, stumbling on platforms, or tripping over objects along obstructed walkways or slippery surfaces. Falling off scaffolds or ladders, or tripping over something can result in cuts, fractures, head trauma, spinal cord injuries, or even death at a construction site in Miami. Perazzo Law recommends extreme caution and safety measures when on a construction site. Hard hats, safety goggles, gloves, and proper footwear can make up some of the basic safety elements to be worn when on a construction site. Fallen objects can cause severe head damage as well as facial and eye injuries. Electrical Burns and scalding can cause skin injuries to hands and legs. Rebar can pierce simple soles. Abiding by safety measures is key to avoiding construction site accidents on an individual's behalf. However, Premises Liability violations by the construction site manager or company can be the result of many construction site accidents. Contractors are bound by law to guarantee safety measures to safeguard against potential accidents that can be avoided and prevented.
Perazzo Law Shares a Common Construction Site Accident Situation and Claim
While working on an elevated surface, an employee lost his balance and fell off a platform onto some rebar. The rebar pierced his side and he suffered a few broken ribs and fractured arm. He spent some time in the hospital and later needed extensive rehab. He and the company settled but the settlement the company offered fell quite short from enough to cover his medical expenses plus his lost wages. The construction site accident victim filed a lawsuit and recovered the full amount owed.
What should I or a co-worker do in the event of a construction site accident in Miami?
- Firstly, the Perazzo Law Firm advises victims of construction work accidents to not sign off their rights to compensation claims for injuries.
- Secondly, seek independent medical attention and keep all records of any treatment, costs incurred or loss of wages.
- Thirdly, consult Jonathan Perazzo ONLINE to discuss a compensation claim following a construction work accident in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
Construction workers can suffer personal injuries in many ways. They include:
- BEING STRUCK ON THE HEAD OR BODY BY HEAVY FALLING OBJECTS
- FALLING FROM ELEVATED AREAS
- FALLING DOWN RAMPS
- TRIPPING OVER PROTRUDING OBJECTS
- BANGING INTO OVERHANGING OBJECTS
- USING SHARP OBJECT OR MACHINES LIKE SAWS OR HAMMERS
- OPERATING HEAVY EQUIPMENT LIKE BULLDOZERS
- HANDLING EXPLOSIVES
- FALLING OFF LADDERS OR DOWN SHAFTS
- AND MORE.
Electrocution can be dangerous and electrocution at a construction site falls on premises liability. Premises Liability holds the site operator, company, and insurance providers legally liable for any injuries incurred on a construction site. , An electrical surge of power that enters the body may interrupt the heart's electrical rhythm. This can be deadly. When not so severe, electrocution may result in skin injury or muscle damage. If severe, electrocution may cause kidney damage from a loss of proteins.
Perazzo Law recommends the following:
- Do not sign anything or give a statement and get immediate medical care.
- Secondly, if physically possible, gather eyewitness information and take photos of the accident scene.
- Thirdly seek independent medical attention and keep all records of any treatment, costs incurred or loss of wages.
- Finally, consult Jonathan Perazzo ONLINE to discuss a compensation claim following a construction work accident in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
If you, a friend or relative has suffered personal injury or loss from a construction site accident in Miami or at a construction site in any of the CITIES WE SERVE, don't hesitate to contact the Perazzo Law Firm's Miami or North Miami Beach office ONLINE for a FREE consultation. We are eager to answer any questions you may have with regards to a construction site accident and your rights to compensation for injuries, damages, lost wages, or wrongful death accident claims in Miami.
PERAZZO LAW - DEDICATED TO PUTTING YOUR INTEREST FIRST...ALWAYS!
Atendemos con orgullo a la Comunidad Hispana