YOUR INTERESTS FIRST
Miami Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
- Did you suffer a slip & fall accident in Miami?
- Do you need professional legal advice following a slip and fall accident?
- Are you a Miami resident that slipped, tripped, or fell in a public place?
- Did you slip and fall in a public business establishment or private residence?
- Were you the victim of a negligent business operator?
- Do you want to know why you need a Personal Injury lawyer after a slip and fall accident?
If you answer YES to any of the above slip, trip, and fall situations, in Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm's dedicated and professional personal injury staff is ready to address any of your doubts concerning a slip and fall accident.
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM OFFERS ZERO-OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS TO SLIP AND FALL CLIENTS
PHONE: 888-PERAZZO or (786) LAWS-411
OFFICES IN MIAMI-DADE
Slip and fall accidents in Miami can occur on almost any walking surface from a sidewalk to the aisle of your favorite supermarket. One of the more difficult aspects of slip and fall cases is proving how the business owner or operator of the location where the injury occurred was negligent and responsible for injuries to the slip & fall accident victim.
As a victim of a slip and fall, you are allowed to gather evidence through discovery and depositions. Discovery is an evidence gathering process during litigation, allowing the plaintiff to a lawsuit what the defendant knew of the dangerous condition. Through discovery, you may be able to gather the surveillance footage, documentation evidencing prior slip and falls. Moreover, discovery allows for the plaintiff in a personal injury lawsuit to depose the individual defendant or a representative of a defendant. Frequently the insurance company will defend the owner or the operator of the premises where the injury occurred. Typically, the defendant will place blame or a portion of the blame on the victim of the slip and fall. The defendant may suggest the victim was careless in not paying attention to the surrounding or taking a known risk resulting in an injury where one could have been avoided.
At The Perazzo Law Firm, we pride ourselves in representing the people of Florida and their families that have fallen victim to a slip and fall accident in Miami. Our personal injury staff of lawyers and slip and fall professionals, will always put our clients’ needs at the forefront of the fight against the insurance provider representing the business operator or individual found at fault for the slip and fall accident.
The first thing to know about the term Slip, Trip, and Fall, is that it basically relates to situations where an individual suffers some sort of personal injury on the property or premises of another individual, company, or business. The injuries sustained by the victim and the proof gathered by one of the Perazzo Law Firm's personal Injury attorneys, plays a fundamental role in determining if there was negligence on behalf of the property owner. Tripping over a protruding object due to poor lighting on a wet and uneven floor followed by a fall that results in a broken hip, combines a potpourri of legitimate Slip and Fall claims for personal injury compensation through litigation. Florida law dictates that an individual may present a slip and fall claim within four years of the accident.
How do People Suffer Personal injury from Slip, Fall, and Trip Accidents in Miami?
A Slip & Fall accident can happen anywhere an individual is walking, jogging or running. This could be on the city sidewalk, through a drugstore parking lot, down a supermarket aisle, or while going down the stairs in a shopping mall. Any injuries suffered may hold justifiable claims for compensation if negligence can be proven by one of our Miami or North Miami Beach Slip & Fall attorneys and staff.
In all Slip, Trip & Fall cases in Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm personal injury attorneys must be able to prove legitimate compensation claims to reveal that the injured party was unaware of any possible risk of injury on the premises where the slip, trip, and fall incident occurred. Furthermore, it must be proven that the property owner was aware of possible risk of injury to others, by other causing the risk, never attended to the risk in an established period of time. Our professional staff of Personal Injury attorneys have the track-record and experience to determine property owner liability.
Where do Individuals Slip, Trip, or Fall in Miami?
Basically everywhere and some of places may include commercial spaces such as:
- Shopping Mall (stairs, escalators, elevators, parking lots, etc.)
- Hotels (swimming pools, lobby, room, gym, spa, etc.)
- Amusement Parks (rides, thoroughfares, restrooms, etc.)
- Movie Theaters
- Gas Stations
- Sports Clubs
- And many more...
Slip, Trip, and Fall personal injuries litigation brought on by a victim seeking compensation claims against a commercial establishment requires top legal representation to prove negligence on behalf of the property owner, which may include liability by either one or several individuals. Miami Slip, Trip and Fall accidents also take place on Residential spaces, where on many occasions includes landlords and tenants. The landlord's duty is to make any and all affordable and feasible repairs of prolonged possible hazards to the tenant. For example; if the landlord was aware that one of the hallway floor boards was loose and a tenant is hurt after a slip, trip or fall, the landlord will mostly likely be found negligent and liable for personal injury compensation.
What Happens if You Suffer a Slip, Trip, or Fall on Government Property?
First and foremost, accident victims from Slip, Trip, and Fall incidents must take into account that certain special rules and regulations apply when personal injury occurs on federal, local, or state property. Government owned or run premises contain vast provisions that include immunity with which to shield them against injury claims from slip, trip, and fall situations of their premises or property.
Perazzo Law Recommends the Following Steps After a Slip, Trip, or Fall Incident in Miami.
- Contact the authorities to report the slip, trip, or fall incident to establish an official account of the accident incurred.
- Get immediate medical attention for you or any injured parties by a professional healthcare provider or a professional and established healthcare facility such as a hospital or clinic.
- Make sure to gather any pertinent information by documenting all the events that took place before and after the slip, trip, and fall accident.
- Never give a statement to the authorities or healthcare professionals on where or how the accident happened. Only give statements of the injuries incurred, not on how the accident happened.
- Contact our Miami or North Miami Beach office as soon as possible to set an appointment to discuss your slip, trip, or fall accident claim for compensation.
Important Advice by Perazzo Law on how to Prove the Authenticity of the Slip, Trip, or Fall Accident. (Comparative Fault or Negligence)
Many times, the property owner or insurance provider may deny negligence and claim that the injured party was partially or totally to blame for the injuries incurred. Many times, a property owner or insurance provider may claim that the injured party was a fault due to lack of common sense or awareness to any warning signs clearly posted or visible. In other words, if you see oil spilled on the floor of a gas station, don't walk over it. If the plaintiff is declared negligent then he/she may not be eligible for compensation or receive a much lower percentage of compensation for his/her injuries. The Perazzo Law Firm considers it best to contact one of our personal injury lawyers to determine whether or not you, a family member, or loved one has a legitimate case for a slip, trip, or fall compensation claim.
Any doubts concerning a Slip, Trip, or Fall accident that leads to personal injury in a private or public establishment in Miami, the Perazzo Law Firm highly recommends contacting our North Miami Beach or Miami office Online or call (786) LAWS-411 immediately to discuss the matter with one of our Personal Injury Lawyers.
SOME COMMON SLIP AND FALL SITUATIONS AND LOCATIONS
Slip and Falls accidents can occur on walking surfaces located in a number of places. Some of these places may include:
- Steps and Staircases: sometimes they may be slippery, soiled, poorly lit, built unevenly, lacking bannisters.
- Ramps: they may be soiled, poorly designed or lit. They may also be lacking a handrail.
- Store aisles: sometimes other shoppers may drop goods and slippery elements such as liquids, oils, or other substances may lead to a slip and fall incident. Business operators are responsible for making sure supermarket walking areas remain free of substances that may cause a slip and fall accident.
- Parking lots: poor lighting and uneven or broken walking areas may cause an individual to not be able to detect obstacles which may lead to a slip and fall accident.
- Elevators and Escalators: the metal surfaces can result dangerous for those with difficulty detecting the moment to get on or off.
- Selling Spaces: businesses that sell goods may inadvertently place objects that can obstruct visitors with limited eyesight or movement.
The Perazzo Law Firm has served a number of slip and fall accident claims in Miami-Dade and Broward. Thus, our insight gives our attorneys an advantage when seeking compensation for our slip and fall clients. Whether you seek compensation for injuries, fighting for justice for wrongful arrest or looking for a home, you can rest assured our lawyers will be there for you.
COMMON INJURIES IN SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS
Following a slip and fall accident, slip and fall accident victims may suffer a number of different injuries. However, the most common slip and fall accident injuries depend on the age of the accident victim.
In a slip and fall accident, the following areas of the body usually suffer damage:
- Head: blows to the head can result in brain injury after a concussion. A C-scan is highly recommended.
- Cervical spine: Disc damage is very common
- Thoracic spine: Disc herniation, bulges, or ruptures can follow a slip and fall accident,
- Lumbar spine: (same as thoracic spine injuries)
- Wrists: breaks and fractures are very common injuries. Sometimes surgery is required.
- Elbows: bruises or lacerations are common injuries as the elbow stop break a backwards fall.
- Shoulder: the rotator cup can become damaged after the shock of a slip and fall accident.
- Hip: the elderly usually suffer fractures or breaks in the hip after a slip and fall incident.
- Knees: bumps, bruises, or cuts may accompany a slip and fall accident.
- Ankles: fractures, sprains, breaks are a common part of a slip and fall accident.
All of the above common slip and fall injuries deserve professional treatment that includes an MRI study and an experienced medical evaluation.
For further information regarding slip and fall injuries, visit our previous post by clicking here.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury, we encourage you to call us at 786 LAWS-411 (786-529-7411) to set up a FREE initial consultation to discuss your legal rights.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A SLIP AND FALL INJURY?
Slip and fall accidents can be just as common as car accidents. A slip and fall injury can occur anywhere from your favorite restaurant on your family’s night out to your local supermarket picking up groceries for your family. Injuries from slip and fall accidents can vary from sprains that may require time off from work to serious fractures and broken bones that may lead to long-term disability.
A slip and fall injury can occur anywhere for a number of reasons. Even places that you may frequent regularly can have hidden dangers you may not be aware of. Stairs rot over time and become less stable. Tiles may form cracks leading to uneven surfaces. Carpeted areas may become worn and frayed over time or may hide an uneven surface underneath. Conditions from outside of the premises may also play a role in increasing risk of injury. Excess rainwater may be carried into your favorite store from the outside leading to slippery floors. A patron at a table sitting next to you in your favorite restaurant may spill something on the ground leading to a fall.
If you have suffered a slip and fall injury as a result of any of those factors, then you may be entitled to compensation for your injury. If the owner or operator of the property where the slip and fall injury occurred failed to take the necessary steps to make the premises safe, then you may be entitled to compensation.
At times, business owners place profits over their patrons. A slip and fall injury most likely may occur because limited or no effort was made to provide a sufficient warning of the dangers to the visitors of that establishment. At times necessary repairs are delayed simply to save money rather than fix a broken tile or a torn carpet.
If you have been a victim of a slip and fall injury your first priority is to seek medical assistance. A serious injury may not become apparent right away and it is important to see a doctor to prevent your injury from becoming worse. When safe to do so, observe and document your surroundings, take pictures, and document any witnesses. Also, make sure to keep notes on the events of that day such as whether it was raining outside, and rainwater was brought in by the foot traffic. Make sure to note if warning cones were placed around the area where you fell and if those warnings were clearly visible and whether the area was well lit. Make note if there is an air conditioning vent, a refrigeration unit or leaky piping over the area where you fell.
After a slip and fall occurs, you may likely be approached by an agent of the owner of the business or a representative of their insurance company asking you for a statement or to sign some documents. Remember, after an injury you may be in a state of confusion and may not clearly comprehend what is being asked of you. In signing documents, you do not fully understand, you may be waiving your rights to seek compensation. The representatives of the business where you suffered an injury will appear caring and friendly, but they do not represent your interests. It is in their interest to begin building the defense against your potential claim. In asking for your signature, they may be asking for you to admit to being distracted and careless.
After suffering an injury, time is of the essence. The slip and fall lawyers at the Miami office of the Perazzo Law Firm have devoted their careers to helping the injured victims of slip and fall accidents. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, do not hesitate to contact our lawyers for a free consultation.
Perazzo Law Shares Falling Down Basics
Steps, stairs and ramps that are not properly designed to safeguard against a potential slip, trip or fall accident can lead to a potential personal injury accident claim for compensation in the event of bodily harm, lost wages, or wrongful death due to negligent property owners, business operators, or private and public institutions. If you, a friend, or relative has suffered a slip, trip or fall accident in Miami when walking up the steps; down a staircase, or on a ramp, there is a chance that the accident may have been prevented. Injuries that occur when climbing up the steps can result in knee or shoulder injury, which depending on the trip accident victim's age, may require medical care. Slipping on a staircase in shopping mall can result in back injuries, which depending on the person's physical stature, can lead to spinal cord injury. Sometimes people that slip on a wet surface in Publix may also suffer leg, hip, or shoulder injuries that may require medical attention. Any ones who’s ever been to a doctor knows what a visit to the hospital means to your budget. The elderly are most at high risk of suffering bodily injury from a slip, trip or fall accident in Miami, that is public and private business establishments must provide handrails, clearly marked steps, and level why staircases, steps, and ramps in such as shops, malls, hotels, and anywhere the elderly may. Shop entrances are a common place for trip and fall accidents.
Perazzo Law has vast experience handling slip, trip, and fall accident claims in Miami, and we know that business operators are obliged by law to make sure steps, staircases and ramp safe to walk on by being properly designed, free of obstacles, clearly marked, and well lit.
Stairs, Steps, and Ramps
Why do people fall on steps, stairs, or ramps?
The reasons may be many. The most common are these:
- A person may fall because the steps were not designed or built properly. The steps may be different sizes or distance apart incorrectly. Steps that are off, can cause an elderly or intoxicated person to miss a step and fall.
- A person might fall because of a physical impairment, either temporary or permanent.
- A person might fall because of poor lighting. Steps that are hard to see may present a potential threat to an elderly person, a toddler, or someone that is under the influence or alcohol or drugs.
- A person may fall because there was a slippery substance that causes a slip that leads to fall.
- A person might head down a ramp that has a slightly irregular slope. This may cause an elderly, or obese person to lose their balance and fall.
- A person may lose their balance and grab hold of a loose handrail. This can lead to a trip down a flight of stairs.
- A person trips and falls over something blocking walking surface.
SLIP, TRIP, OR FALL, CALL PERAZZO LAW!
888-PERAZZO or (786) LAWS-411
WHAT IS PREMISES LIABILITY?
Business owners and operators of public or private spaces have a legal responsibility to provide safe and adequate conditions for all those that visit their establishments. Premises Liability is based on protecting the rights of victims that suffer personal injury, loss, or wrongful death on the private or public premises of an individual or business. The Perazzo Law Firm's Personal Injury Litigation attorneys represent those that have suffered personal injury or loss through a Slip, Trip and Fall Accident brought on by the negligence of property owners or operators. Our Miami and North Miami Beach office attorneys and staff have handled thousands of cases for clients that have suffered personal injury during everyday activities such as: grocery shopping in a supermarket, vacationing at a hotel, dining in a restaurant, riding a roller-coaster, or crossing through a parking lot. Perazzo Law has a proven track-record of providing our clients with just compensation for injuries such as: Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, fractures, or other work related losses from Premises Liability situations.
These are just some of the many situations that may constitute a Premises Liability case. In every Premises Liability case, evidence is crucial to the compensation and liability outcome.
The Perazzo Law Firm considers it best to gather as much evidence as possible to help support your Premises Liability case. Here are some types of evidence the Perazzo Law Firm suggests you gather:
- Official Accident Reports
- Photographs or Video Footage
- Property Records or Lease Contracts
- Healthcare and Treatment Records
- Medical Bills Incurred
- Witness Testimonies
- Property Maintenance Records
If you or a loved-one has suffered personal injury due to the negligence of a property owner or operator, we urge you to Contact us or call (786) LAWS - 411 for your Free initial consultation with our Premises Liability attorney.
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM - DEDICATED TO PUTTING YOUR INTERESTS FIRST.
THE PERAZZO LAW FIRM OFFERSZERO-OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS TO SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT VICTIMS
PHONE: 888-PERAZZO or (786) LAWS-411
OFFICES IN MIAMI-DADE